Norman® Ultra Shutters fare made from farmed hardwood which makes these shutters stronger and more dimensionally stable, in addition to being eco-friendly. The louvers of Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters are made of quarter-sawn wood, making it more durable and stable, because the wood expands and contracts less.
Sussex® materials are hand-sanded and painted or stained multiple times, resulting in a super-premium, translucent finish
- Prescription Wood Conditioning™ maintains the wood’s long-term structural integrity. Moisture levels throughout the world are different. Our curing and drying processes match the wood’s moisture content to the region in which they will be installed.
Features and Benefits of Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters
- Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters are made of quality hardwoods that are treated with the Prescription Wood Conditioning™ technique to match the moisture content in the location where the shutters will be installed to reduce the possibility of shrinking and swelling.
- The louvers of Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters are manufactured from quarter-sawn wood to increase durability and to enrich the character of the stained finish.
- Available in different designs, including frames hidden installation screws, for a clean, finished look.
- Stile options to fit different window sizes and shapes are available, including Astragal or Rabbet, which allow natural light between panels.
- Reinforced engineered stiles – Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters are constructed with layers of wood bonded together to create durability in the stile. This results in a strong support system for the shutters.
- Mortise and tenon joinery – Resists shear and racking forces to ensure quality and durability.
- Easy in-home assembly and installation – Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters have pre-installed magnets and hinges, pre-mitered frames, and slotted keyholes to make the installation process easier.
- Translucent and polished appearance achieved with several fine layers of stain or paint.
- Custom-cut panel and frame design to fit each unique window.
- Special options for personalization, including fixed louvers, center or offset tilt rod, double-hung panels, café shutters, track systems, French door cutout, and specialty shapes.
- Multiple paint and stain colors to match the decor of any interior.
- Sussex® NormanTeak™ Shutters are eco-friendly
- Standard production time is 6 – 8 weeks