Advantages of Using Custom Blinds in Your Home
What are the benefits of having custom blinds in your home, especially when compared to other options? Here are a few reasons why custom blinds are advantageous over other options.
- Easy Maintenance: Curtains and similar styles are usually made of cloth or another material that are prone to soiling, and even developing mildew or mold. This means you will need to regularly wash them, which also means that you will have to regularly take them down. Blinds on the other hand, are much easier to clean and generally only take a quick wipe with a damp cloth to clear dust and other debris. In addition, the materials used in making custom blinds (wood, aluminum, etc.) are much hardier, guaranteeing that you will not have to replace them for some time.
- Light Control: Custom blinds can be adjusted to let in the desired amount of light for any room. This can be extremely helpful in bedrooms and private areas where you want to keep out the light.
- Customization Options: Custom blinds can come in a wide variety of materials, patterns, and colors, meaning that you can have blinds that match perfectly with the design of your home.
- Privacy: Custom blinds are far superior to curtains and other window treatments, as they can guarantee complete privacy while still letting in light from the outside.
Materials for Custom Blinds
There are many materials used in creating custom blinds, all based on your style preference and budget.
- Wood/Bamboo: Although this tends to be more expensive, wood is a strong material for blinds and elicits a sense of elegance and style. Bamboo is also used, and is a strong, environmentally-friendly choice.
- Faux Wood: Just like wood in many ways, faux wood is a happy medium between real wood and vinyl, minus the grain pattern found in real wood materials. It also avoids some of the problems seen in real wood, such as warping due to humidity.
- Vinyl: An affordable option, vinyl is very durable and can be customized with many colors and patterns to easily blend into the design of your home.
- Aluminum: Relatively inexpensive and easy to maintain, aluminum is resistant to rust and easily customizable.
Vertical blinds are ideal for sliding glass doors and patio windows and entrances, as they can easily be pushed back. In addition, this style of custom blinds is very easy to clean and maintain, as they are typically made of PVC, wood/faux wood, and durable materials. They also tend to be extremely affordable, and the wide variety of styles and materials ensures that it will match your taste as well.
Options for Motorized Blinds
An elegant and modern convenience, motorized blinds allow you to control your custom blinds with a simple click of a remote, allowing you to change your light and privacy levels without effort.. Motorized blinds can be applied to the following options:
Cordless Blinds are a Safe Option for your Home!
Corded blinds can be hazardous to both children and pets, but cordless blinds use an integrated cord system that allows you to raise or lower your custom blinds simply by pulling or pushing on the bottom rail, avoiding the hassle and danger of free-hanging cords. Smart options are available, allowing you to control blinds using a smart speaker or an app on a smartphone. You don’t even have to be home to do it!
Innuwindow Takes Custom Measurements for Precision Installation of Custom Blinds
Innuwindow takes pride in the fact that we take precise measurements for the installation of custom blinds. That means that, no matter the dimensions of the space or the windows, we will expertly install your custom blinds to ensure they will fit your space and look fantastic! Contact us today to learn more!