What are the Best Quality Vertical Blinds?
- Somner Custom Vertical Blinds: These are classical vertical blinds with a modern look. They are available in a wide range of colors, 190 different fabrics, and multiple textures including 165 vinyls and five aluminum varieties that will complement the décor of your room. Some Somner Custom Vertical Blinds include Softex™ which, when combined with the appropriate fabric, reduces noise levels. They also come treated with a proprietary process that repels dust, soil, and stains, and they provide UV protection. Operating system choices include standard cord and chain, PermAssure® Safety Wand, or motorization.
- Cadence® Soft Vertical Blinds by Hunter Douglas: These are soft drapery-like vertical blinds with curved S-shape louvers. These are also available in many different patterns and colors. Cadence includes a DualFold™ double-tiered valance. These blinds will also repel dust, soil, and stains, and provide great UV protection. Cadence offers excellent sound absorption, improving a room’s acoustics while reducing the outside noise. They also have a patented headrail which allows for smooth, trouble-free opening and closing along with minimal light gaps. Operating system choices include standard cord and chain, PermaTilt® Wand Control, or PermAssure® Safety Wand.
Do Vertical Blinds Give Privacy?
Vertical blinds offer total privacy when completely closed. This is especially important if you have windows looking directly onto the streets or if your room is overlooked by another building. The slats of vertical blinds can be tilted to offer privacy while also letting some natural light flow into the room. Vertical blinds are great for controlling light and adjusting for privacy at the same time!
Do Vertical Blinds Block Out Light?
Vertical blinds are the perfect choice for light control. They easily gather to one side or the other with the pull of the chain or the twist of the wand. You can let the sunlight in with vertical blinds or if there is too much sun, close the blinds all the way to block the light completely. Vertical blinds are more effective than horizontal blinds at blocking sunlight for wider windows. The slats can be adjusted to control glare, light, and solar heat, making them a very flexible and versatile option. And fabric vanes can be put in vinyl groover sleeves to keep the look but also add insulation. Vinyl groovers also make the verticals room darkening.
Are Vertical Blinds Good for Insulation and Energy-Efficiency?
Vertical blinds come in vinyl, wood, plastic, or metal. After being installed inside the window frame, vertical blinds prevent hotter or cooler air near the window from circulating into the room. Thicker materials such as vinyl or wood blinds will provide greater energy-efficiency compared to slim plastic or metal vertical blinds, and generally speaking, vinyl vertical blinds are thicker than their horizontal counterparts. Because they are energy-efficient, they will reduce the cost it takes to heat or cool your home.
Are Vertical Blinds Good for My Home?
Vertical blinds provide excellent light control, versatile styling, and improved energy-efficiency. They are especially ideal for:
- Large French doors
- Sliding doors
- Wide windows
- Bay windows
- Unique large windows
- Patio doors
- Large windows or doors in a sunroom
The benefits of vertical blinds for your home include:
- Easy to Clean: Vertical blinds are very easy to clean. You can wipe the dust off easily on wood or PVC louvers. Fabric louvers can be removed and washed.
- Light Control: They are easy to use to control light. For rooms that feel dark, you can let in more light without sacrificing privacy. For windows that face east or west, vertical blinds break up the direct sunlight. They allow some light to pass through while also blocking UV radiation. You can adjust your blinds so that they’re fully open, completely closed, or somewhere in between to allow a small amount of light into the room while still maintaining privacy.
- Energy-Efficiency: When they are closed, they are adding to the energy efficiency of your home because they protect your home from constant sun glare which keeps it cooler. In the winter, they act as a barrier between you and drafty windows to make your room feel warmer.
- Versatile Style: Vertical blinds are available in a wide variety of colors and fabrics, which enables them to complement any style including contemporary, modern, and traditional decor. They also add visual height to a room and make sunny rooms feel larger and more open.
Innuwindow is Where to Buy Vertical Blinds!
At Innuwindow, we are experts when it comes to measuring, supplying, and fitting a wide range of vertical blinds. We have a variety of materials, textures, patterns, and colors so you’re sure to find something perfect for your home decor. Contact Innuwindow today to schedule a free consultation and see how you can take advantage of the many benefits we have to offer. Our dedicated staff will assist you in choosing the perfect vertical blinds for your home!