Home is a sanctuary now more than ever. For many people, home is now a workspace and a classroom, so now is the perfect time to redecorate and make your living space more beautiful. Wallpaper is gaining in popularity and here are a few reasons why.
Is Wallpaper Still in Style in 2020?
Wallpaper is a key trend in home decorating for 2020, and there are a wide variety of styles to choose from. Printing techniques have gotten a lot more advanced in recent years and there are new options beyond paper such as cork, grass-cloth, and silks.
What’s Trending in Wallpaper 2020?
Here are the top wallpaper designs trending in 2020
- High-Performance Wallpaper: Not just for commercial spaces anymore! They are perfect but for high traffic areas without compromising style or taste. Performance Wallcoverings are durable, scrubbable, and waterproof while still maintaining their true color, pattern, and strong visual appeal.
- Tapestry: These are inspired by idyllic landscapes and allow you to bring beautiful colors of nature such as green and blue inside.
- Panorama: Mural style landscape panoramas are becoming more popular. They draw attention to your wallpaper and transport you to another place.
- Natural Touch: Bringing the outside in with stylish and beautiful, timeless natural additions to a well-designed room. Natural materials in Grasscloth, Raffia, Cork, Sisal, Jute, and paper weaves.
- The trick of the Eye: Transforms walls to appear like something else. For example, a wall can look like it is tiled but it’s actually wallpaper.
- New Chintz: Traditional florals are making a comeback and what once was old is new again.
- Geometric: This wallpaper has geometric arrangements, subtly raised relief, and monochrome colors.
- 3D Texture: Who says your wallpaper can’t be both visual and tactile? Another trend is to choose a textured effect such as printed cork or velveteen.
- New Botanicals: Nature is another popular inspiration for wallpaper including modern tropical and botanical prints.
- Throwback: Return to a simpler time with Art Deco style and trends from the 1950s and 1960s.
- Tropical Paradise: Why not bring the Caribbean home until you can travel there? Vintage prints like classic palms and exotic botanicals are beautiful options for wallpaper.
- Temporary Wallpaper: Looks like the real deal! Create without commitment with wallpaper that is easy to put up and take down. Whether you know you’re moving in a year, or just know you’ll change your mind, high-quality temporary wallpaper is for you.
Five Key Looks to Update your Walls with Wallpaper in 2020
Updates in wallpaper production technologies mean that there is something for everyone’s tastes, from traditional florals to contemporary geometric and natural patterns and textures. Five popular wallpaper looks include:
Chintz: This printed multicolored floral look adds vibrancy and color to your room.
- Bold Patterns and Colors: Mix and match with different patterns such as stripes and florals with complementary colors.
- Thinking of Nature: Bolder greens are trending now, capturing the trend of wellness through plants and foliage.
- Graphic Designs: Wallpaper that references elemental geometric patterns adds a soothing structure to your room.
- Heritage Designs: Use familiar motifs (perhaps drawing inspiration from historic wallpaper use) with elements of nostalgia for your next wallpaper.
What is the Best Place to Buy Wallpaper?
Innuwindow is the place to go for all your wallpaper and wall coverings needs. We are a family-run business in the Boston-area and many of your knowledgeable and creative staff members have been with us for over ten years, and we are proud of our 30 years of experience. Let our great pricing, quality products, and our team of dedicated professionals speak for themselves. Visit Innuwindow today!