What Window Treatments are in Style for 2020?
As we increasingly spend more time inside in 2020, like many, you might be rethinking the aesthetic and functionality of your home. If you’re considering upgrading to Hunter Douglas window treatments, here are a few notable trends to keep in mind as you explore:
- Maximalist Style: Gone is Marie Kondo’s minimalistic style! 2020 is about how more means more. Experiment with colored blinds, layered treatments, unexpected patterns, and bold colors to give your space an eccentric upgrade.
- Classic Blue: As Pantone’s color of the year, Classic Blue has proven itself a popular choice for the interior, using it in fabric and shades alike. Paired with either a coastal look and feel or complimented by warm metallics, Classic Blue offers an elegant and chic touch.
- Metallic Accents and Hardware: There are no rules when it comes to hardware. Mix and match your drapery hardware metals using a combination of anything from polished brass to brushed nickel to acrylic. Experiment with finials to add depth and style or to compliment a solid colored panel.
- Tech-Forward: As smart home tech increasingly integrates into our home life, enjoy the convenience of wireless control systems doing the work of raising, lowering, traversing, or tilting their window treatments. From voice-controlled blinds to time-scheduled shades there’s no shortage of ways to include your window treatments in a smart home environment. Hunter Douglas’ exclusive Powerview system can be integrated into most smart home systems.
- Organic & Natural: The world is becoming more sustainable and the aesthetic is too. Bamboo blinds, rattan, and ethically sourced materials are a must for eco-minded individuals hoping to know more about where their home decor comes from.
What Factors Should be Considered When Selecting Window Coverings?
When exploring the possibility of Hunter Douglas window treatments, you want to consider the key functions of the room you’re working with. How important is privacy? Will you have to worry about light glare? Do you need them to be blackout for optimal sleeping? Do you need them to be energy efficient? What is the style of your space?
What Makes Hunter Douglas Window Treatments Unique?
Your window treatment should do more than simply add to the décor of the room. With Hunter Douglas window treatments, you can expect the most contemporary styles combined with highly functional designs. Hunter Douglas products are well known and trusted within the industry. When you invest in Hunter Douglas window treatments you’ll not only be decorating your windows, you’ll receive other benefits like energy savings, child safety, ease of use, and more.
With Hunter Douglas Window Treatments, you’ll enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Hunter Douglas Privacy and Light Control: Hunter Douglas shades give you more privacy and light control compared to any other window treatment. Whether you’re looking to completely block out light and view or need to turn a glare into gentle sunlight, the innovative designs of Hunter Douglas window treatments and a broad selection of fabrics and materials will achieve the functions you desire. With window treatment options ranging from sheer to room darkening to completely opaque, Hunter Douglas has products to diffuse or redirect harsh sunlight so it enters your home in the way you desire. Their innovative top down bottom up products offer privacy in addition to light control.
- Hunter Douglas Energy Efficiency: Up to 50 percent of your home’s energy can be lost through your windows. During colder months, the warm air can escape through the windows. Likewise, during the summer, cool air escapes allowing warm air to enter. Investing in energy-efficient window treatments like Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades provides insulation that other window treatments don’t offer. Hunter Douglas window treatments have innovative options that offer solar heat control, which allows warmer temperatures to enter during colder months but not during the summer.
- Hunter Douglas Innovative Design: One of the major differentiators between Hunter Douglas window treatments and other brands is their innovative design and technology that make Hunter Douglas easy to use and much more functional. The UltraGlide system has a retractable cord that not only looks nice but also is safer for homes with pets and children. Hunter Douglas PowerView Motorization is a wireless system that offers you unique control over your windows. This award-winning technology, which is unique to Hunter Douglas, allows you to schedule the movement of your window treatment via your smartphone, tablet, or remote control.
Are Hunter Douglas Shades Worth the Price?
Buying shades for your home is a long-term investment. Since it’s a purchase most only make a few times in their life, it’s important to consider the benefits of Hunter Douglas window treatments like safety and energy efficiency. When calculating the price, work with a specialist that can customize to your exact needs.
The price will depend on the following factors:
- Window size
- Product, fabric/material & color selection
- Operating system selection
- Additional design requirements
How Long do Hunter Douglas Blinds Last?
Hunter Douglas window treatments are built for the long-haul. So much so, they offer a Lifetime Guarantee. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or via email. Interested in learning more about Hunter Douglas Window Treatments? Contact our professional designers today!